Massage therapy is the intentional manipulation of the soft tissues and muscles to promote health and healing.
By using precise techniques, at a specific depth, the massage therapist uses a particular direction of movement to obtain the desired effect.
Some benefits of massage :
- Relieves muscle tightness, stiffness, and spasms
- Reduces pain in chronic conditions such as hip dysplasia
- Decreases stress, anxiety and depression
- Promotes bonding and builds trust
- Enhances blood circulation, increasing the amount of oxygen and nutrients available to the muscles
- Shortens the healing time of strained muscles
- Minimizes scar tissue and adhesion’s post-surgery
- Early detection of abnormalities
- Promotes overall well being
Massage is not a substitution for regular veterinary care. If your pet has serious medical issues, your veterinarian’s approval to proceed with massage is recommended.